Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Me + Computers = Love

I love computers, and have loved them since I was a little girl. My appreciation for them however, has changed drastically over the past years. When I was a little girl I played CD-ROM computer games. Those were the best. My favorites included Magic School Bus Animals, Reader Rabbit's Journey, Barbie Detective, Tonka Trucks, Barbie Magic Hairstyler (which I still enjoy), and Where in the USA is Carmen Sandiago? As I grew older, my taste in computer games evolved. I began playing Roller Coaster Tycoon, which became more of an obsession opposed to a game. It was the perfect game for me, because it involved the organization and decoration of an amusement park. I highly anticipated the release of Roller Coaster Tycoon 2, which met all my meticulous needs. In junior high, I entered the MySpace phase--which I am very ashamed of. During this time I spent a lot of time on my computer carefully photoshopping and giving photos effects. Then sitting around and waiting for the blaring red "NEW Picture comments!" notification on my home page. Finally, I was introduced to the amazing social networking website: Facebook. I adore Facebook!! It has everything perfectly organized, has news feeds, tagged pictures, and status updates. I can keep in touch with friends that have moved away or changed schools, talk with my family that lives in New York and even just have fun chatting with my friends from Central Highschool. I think that this blogging experience is going to be a good one. My last experience...was not so good. I had a super lame Xanga account in the 7th grade. The blog had no purpose and I maybe logged on there a total of 5 times. I intend to keep this blog updated as much as I can! I am really glad that our 10IB class has started blogs because I think that everyone will encourage eachother to keep them updated and interesting. Computers are a great way to keep in touch and have fun. I'm really looking forward to feedback not only from Ms. Peifer but from my classmates. I think its going to be a fun rest of the year!

11 comments:

Jake W said...

Thats because its boring

L. M. Peifer said...

Nice blog post--and like the photos that you added!

Emma Holmes said...

hmmmm.. oh EB.

Mai Kou Lor said...

Hey Ellen- Like the photos!

Ruthie said...

EBREEN! Haha I love how you have pictures up and everything...nerd. Just kidding, sort of. You made girl scouting for me.

Jake W said...

haha EB stuck

Ceeco said...

Lol, aww Ellen this was cute

Shannon said...

I think its so cute that you have pictures. Remember at Ruthies birthday party when we stayed up really late, then decieded to go play her barbie magic hair styler game? And it took FOREVER to get it to work??

Beto said...

ellen how did u get ur pics up?

Kelsey said...

ELLEN I CAN'T BELIEVE IT IS SO FREAKY BECAUSE I WAS GOING TO WRITE MORE ABOUT MY LIFE ON COMPUTERS. GUESS WHAT? IT WAS GOING TO BE BASED OFF OF HOW THE GAMES I PLAYED EVOLVED AND YOU DID THE SAME THING! WE PLAYED THE SAME GAMES! AHHHHHHHH

Bayley T. said...

Hi Ellen. Wow! I love your blog. You have much more computer skills than me. Which you already know, since I call you each time I have a silly question about a simple word document. I used to play Barbie Magic Harisyler too; it doesn't work anymore thoguh :(. I would like to put music on my blog. How did you do that?